Friday, September 5, 2008

Testing screen layout



I wanted to post this picture to show what my screen will look like during the mechanical testing procedure. I've managed to fit all the indicators on, and the subwindows can be resized on-the-fly. (Actually I've removed two of the subwindow indicators since this screenshot as per the 9/4 study). The second screenshot shows how a single indicator would be analyzed.

This is by no means what I would intend to trade live with... rather, the purpose of the study is to gather as much data as possible in the shortest amount of time (ie testing efficiency). If I can manage to gather all data for all indicators in one pass through the historical year, it will greatly speed the testing procedure and get me to the next level quicker. The next level will be post-analysis of the data and then writing the strategy rules. I anticipate that the actual chart setup will have a very small number of indicators on it.