Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Eat - Sleep - Poop - Study - Work - Eat - Sleep

Sorry I have disappeared off the face of the planet, or so it may seem. I've actually been sucked into the machine these days, working hard to dig back out. You see I've identified one area of my life in particular that needs some work -- discipline. I am trying to enforce new discipline routines that ensure I don't oversleep, don't overeat, and in general try to just balance life on a pinpoint. It's a good exercise and I think only good habits could come from it. I'm feeling productive lately, and I like that.

I apologize for not updating the Indicator page, as well as keeping the current survey up to date. Both are intertwined and the survey in particular has gone through so many revisions as I begin actual testing (probably more than 10!) -- it is hard to keep current on this blog. As soon as I'm able (hopefully before Thursday) I will post the current survey, and then plan to work backwards with the Indicators page. The Indicators page is for reference purposes, but they are actually put to use on the survey.

I've learned a huckuva-lot processing the first trades with the survey. So many new insights have come out of this, and my excitement levels are very high due to being able to see a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel. I am studying perfectly formed trade setups in all their variant glory. I think I am on the right path here. I am already able to envision analyzing this data and I think at first it will need to be done by hand. That's ok... because I've always believed that in order to properly code something for automation, one must fully and intimately understand the process in his mind. That process is still evolving greatly, which is evident by the number of change revisions I keep making to the survey.

As a sidenote, I'm posting market snaps from yesterday -- a historic day that will undoubtedly go down in the books. Today may be another one of those days as we watch the fate of American International Group AIG unfold in front of us. These are the events that dreams are made of if you're a trader.